Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Edge

Do you ever wonder...what is the edge...and where is it for you? I think for me that's one of my....weaknesses and strengths :) I love the edge. There is something backwards about the stress you feel right before trial...and the ability to get someone out of a jam they are in....with the stakes as high as they are...which gives you this rush. Is it a good thing? I reall don't know. I do know this...that across the board I like the edge. From trial work (remember my mantra...real lawyers try cases LOL..that's a joke and a whole different subject altogether)....to the way I play poker..to the way I see I play golf now....to of course.....interaction with women. What is that about? I read that the idea of "being present"...or "being in the moment" is achieved by some people who participate in extreme sports. For some people clearly it is sex. (yep..when I think back to that PHENOMENAL type of sex..that's what it's all about).....yet it seems so difficult to accomplish in my day to day life. One of the ways I have found to reduce my stress..is about being present.....but there are so many other things I wonder about.

I mentally keep going back to certain experiences where I felt that...rush. I'm talking about that intensity..when you look in someone's eyes....and they are looking back at you....and it becomes the definition of passion. It's where the poetry comes from. It's where some of my energy used to come from. I still ask...does that have a time limit on it? What is it about the prospect of something new.......something you are drawn to....which starts that....thing? Which really brings you to that..edge. My opinon is that a lot of people don't have the ability or the strength to deal with the edge...some don't have the desire for it. But there are a lot of people who do (love watching the X games here....is there any other explanation).

Until I find something...that really takes the place of that rush......that can truly substitute for that.......THING....the one that makes my eyes do what they do....when I get that look on my face.....I guess I stay this way. Have I discussed it with my wife? Of course I have. Have we come up with any answers? Of course we haven't. I know one thing....I miss....that thing. I miss it really really bad....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I beleive We all have that rush, I think it all starts when were are reaching for that first breath as we are being born.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home